Imagine having to evacuate your home quickly. Leave everything behind - including your pets. That's the situation for many northern residents during these crazy forest fires.
The Pack Project Inc. is leading the provincial effort to secure transport, donations, food, supplies and homes for animals left behind during evaculations. The funds raised will be used to:
- transport food and supplies to northern communities (gas, trailer rentals)
- transport and house animals temporarily/until adopted
- get veterinary care for any animals injured in the fire or that have been stray for some time.
- supply the hard to get donated items such as leashes and kennels.
- help pet owners house and feed their pets until they can return home
They are taking food and supplies to the community members left in charge of their care. No one will adopt out family pets. They are providing resources so that the animals may stay in their community as long as its safe, until their pet parents can return home and reunite with them.
We can't imagine having to leave our homes and lives behind to evacuate. And leaving our pets behind would be devastating. We have donated $200 to their efforts. If you can, please donate.